On average, consumers throw away roughly 70 pounds of shoes and clothing per person annually. About 85% of this waste goes to landfills where it occupies about 5% of landfill space and the amount is growing.
Something needs to change, right? We believe it is our collective mindset. The traditional retail model sees manufacturers sourcing unethical, unsustainable materials and building ‘planned obsolescence’ into their business plans. Customers are buying replacement after replacement for their broken, un-recyclable products. The things we buy, and the way we buy them really matter to society, and to the planet. We believe that the throw away culture is madness and at the very least, we should be celebrating products that are ethical, sustainable, and made to last.
With this in mind, TYF set out to be part of the solution. In 2013, we transformed our St Davids shop into a Patagonia Pro store. In 2015, TYF became the first certified B Corp business in Wales, keeping our focus on the environment at the root of everything we do. And in 2018 we launched a range of ethical products made and produced in and around St Davids, and this area of the store has grown and grown. We love products with a story and passion!
We have thousands of people walking through our doors during the summer season, and we are looking for retail staff who are enthusiastic about making a contribution towards positive change, by inspiring customers to make better purchasing decisions.
Come join our team at TYF where we work with some of the most environmentally focused leading outdoor brands, Patagonia, Sherpa, Thought & more. All of the brands that we work with have been carefully selected and share these values.
- Selling products from the ethical retail store
- In depth knowledge of the brands and specific products in store￼
- Consistently superb customer service
- Basic knowledge of the till.
- Working alongside the adventure booking office team
- Knowledge of TYF’s Vision and values
- Keeping the store looking amazing.
- Sharing the knowledge of retail environmental impact to our customers
- Love for nature and the outdoors
- Proven organisational experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Awesome customer service
- Flexible attitude to support the wider team, assisting in any other tasks
- Flexible working pattern
- Comfortable following instructions
- A second language
- Demonstrable passion for the environment.
How to Apply
If this resonates with you, then we would love for you to send us an email with your CV by end of January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full time & part-time seasonal positions available. Hours negotiable. Positions begin Easter 2020.