If you need a way to get pupils excited about your adventure at TYF, you can show this TYF Schools video hosted on youtube.
What if one of my pupils can’t swim?
For coasteering and kayaking pupils have to wear a buoyancy aid, so being able to swim is not a requirement. For these activities we have a guide ratio of 1:8 so pupils will be closely supported and supervised. When surfing or body surfing pupils will be in shallower water, allowing them to build water confidence.
Do you cater for all dietary requirements?
Yes, all of our external caterers can plan menus and meals to suit specific dietary needs. Just let us know your requirements at the point of booking then we can ensure the necessary information is passed on.
Do pupils need to provide their own wetsuits?
No, for all of our activities we provide all the specialist equipment that your group will need. A full kit list will be provided during the booking process.
Do you have equipment to fit all sizes?
Yes, we have a wide range of sizes in all of our equipment. Before you head out on your activities our guides will ensure that all equipment fits correctly and make any necessary changes.
TYF School websites: Your School
Each residential school, group and college that comes to us has a dedicated website built for free, which contains all the helpful information you need ahead of your school adventure. This website is great for parents and pupils, and has a password-protected teacher area containing helpful information for planning and preparation. Take a look at our sample school website to see our process in action.
• Your TYF programme – online
• Online Registration Form – digitally completed by parents
• Info For Parents PDF – handy download with info on outcomes, expectations and kit-list
• TYF Activities – links to find out more about each activity we offer
• Meet The Guides – take a look at our TYF guide profiles
• Accommodation – links to accommodation provide websites, room layouts and more
• Adventure Intelligence – our mission with education
• Media Folder – a private link to your school’s photos at TYF on Dropbox (online photo storage)
• Adventure Assurance – online links to AALA licence documents, Risk Assessments and Certificate of Liability Insurance
• TYF Social – links to TYF social media sites
• Education Blog – all the latest news on education at TYF