We want to ensure that you will feel valued and share in the pride and satisfaction of our collective achievements. The following non-contractual benefits are available to all TYF staff. We treat freelancers as if they are part of a our family.
Staff get free hire of TYF’s adventure equipment (excluding climbing gear) and 50% discount for their family & friends. All adventure hire is subject to availability.
Staff get free adventure sessions and 50% discount for their family & friends. Subject to availability.
You will receive one extra day of holiday for each 12 months completed from your start date up to a maximum of 5 days extra holiday
We recognise that the nature of our business is seasonal and that employees are likely to be required to work more hours during the summer months. Over the winter months staff are able to reclaim this balance and operate a more flexible work schedule.
All TYF staff accrue £100 per month (pro rata) that can be used towards their personal learning. Learning areas do not have to be business specific but staff are asked to share their learnings with the rest of the team. Click here for full policy
Coaching & Development
We care about you and your wellbeing. All staff have a monthly one-to-one with their manager to ensure training is up to date and issues are addressed. In addition they are also able to access free life coaching and wellbeing guidance.
Access to free financial planning with the Finance Manager. Staff are also able to apply for interest free loans from the business subject to circumstances. Speak to your manager for more information.
25% discount at our ethical retail store. Use discount code "Staff@TYF" if shopping on online store. Plus exclusive deals with adventure kit providers. Family and friends are eligible for 20% off instore, they can use discount code "TYF-Family" online after creating an account and being tagged. To place an order click here.
Eacy year we organise a staff trip at the end of the season to celebrate together. Previous trips have included rafting in North Wales and canoeing on the Wye River.
Cycle to Work
After their first year of employment permanent staff become eligible for the TYF cycle-to-work scheme. Get 20% of trade bike prices.
After their first year of employment permanent staff are able to take up to two volunteering days per year (subject to business needs).
Together we can create change. All TYF permanent staff are eligible for up two two additional days of annual leave if they do not fly during the year.
Learning Fund Policy
1. If TYF request an employee to do a course then TYF will pay the full cost of the course and the employee can do the course during their working hours.
2. If an employee decides to do a course that will be of benefit to TYF but is not relevant to their role then they must use their own CPD budget and the use of working time will be at their line managers discretion.
3. If an employee wishes to do a course that is not relevant to TYF they will utilise their learning fund to pay for the course and the course must be done in their own time.
4. The Learning Fund is inclusive of VAT.
5. Payment in lieu of funding is not permitted.
6. The learning fund balance will roll over each year but is capped at £2,000.