We aim to run our business as a leading example of sustainable business practice and, in doing so, demonstrate that sustainable business makes good sense. To minimise our impact on the environment, influence others and protect the environment for future generation we will continue to:
Tackle Climate Change
- Maintain carbon neutral status, by supporting international renewable energy and energy efficiency schemes.
- Actively integrate climate change awareness and action into all TYF products and services.
- Use only 100% Green Electricity generated from renewable resources, including our own PV array and strive to reduce consumption.
- Work to minimise the use of fossil fuelled transport due to business operation and by our customers getting to us.
Green Our Supply Chains
- Procure stock and supplies that are manufactured from organic and/or recycled materials, wherever possible.
- Maximise the amount of goods sold in the shop that come from leading ethical brands such as Patagonia, Thought, Keen.
- To work with other retail suppliers to improve their environmental performance.To stock products that have a long lifetime and help customers live sustainably.
- Purchase only high performance light bulbs and the most energy efficient electrical appliances.
- Use eco-friendly paints and other materials for building alterations and maintenance.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Recycle at least 95% of waste glass, tins, plastic bottles and paper.
- Compost all suitable organic material.
- Minimise printing and the use of paper for printing.
Work in partnership with others to protect the environment
Continue supporting environmental charities, including through our commitment as a certified B Corp.Encourage customers, suppliers and staff to become more sustainable in their daily lives.Develop and contribute to the Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group, which works to minimise the damaging environmental impacts of outdoor adventures within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.Promote a cycle to work scheme.The TYF Group will also continue to:Have a significant annual review and operate an ethical and environmental management system linked to B CorpMonitor and improve environmental performance on an ongoing basis, keep up to date, and comply with all environmental legislation and avoid pollution.Enforce the TYF Group’s ban on the use of synthetic horticultural pesticides on company property.The TYF Group’s sustainability & environmental policy is constantly maintained, developed and updated, and undergoes a significant annual review.