Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, and has been driving the way we make decisions since the business started in 1986.
We are proud of the achievements that we’ve made to date and recognise the scale of the challenge in front of us. We will continue to seek out and work with the world’s leading practitioners in the field to improve our performance and help others do the same to theirs.
The TYF Group remains focused on looking after the welfare of everyone. We work honestly and openly with staff, customers, suppliers and clients alike, and encourage others to do the same.
Those who struggle to protect people from exploitation, disease, poverty and hunger receive our active support and we strongly oppose those who oppress the human spirit, abuse communities and attack human rights.Read more
Located in the stunning Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in Wales, The TYF Group knows a thing or two about a great environment and how to provide the best sustainable adventures.
The local area offers some of the cleanest coastal waters in Europe. It is also very rich in wildlife and features some incredible landscapes and seascapes.Read more
Act Locally, Think Globally…
We address world issues such as climate change and pollution of the seas by taking action locally.
We also work to support the local community and economy as much as we can by providing employment, buying local produce, using local services, and protecting the local environment.
Our commitment is to:
- Monitor our environmental performance and strive to improve it.
- Maintain our Green Dragon Level 3 environmental accreditation.
- Provide education and training for staff and customers on best environmental practices and how to tackle climate change.
- To minimise waste and avoid causing pollution
- To reduce energy consumption.
- Abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Avoid, as far a possible, disturbing wildlife.
- Actively integrate climate change awareness and action into all TYF products and services.
To meet these commitments we will:
- Calculate our carbon footprint and set targets to reduce carbon emissions.
- Maintain carbon neutral status by buying into an accredited carbon offset scheme which supports renewable energy installations and carbon reduction schemes.
- Purchase electricity which is generated from 100% renewable resources as well as strive to reduce overall consumption.
- Work to minimise the use of fossil fuelled transport – both from our own business operations and our customers travel to us.
- Procure stock and supplies that are manufactured from organic and/or recycled materials, wherever possible.
- Maximise the stock levels in the shop that are purchased from leading ethical brands such as Patagonia and Howies.
- To work with other retail suppliers to improve their environmental performance
- To stock products that have a long lifetime and help customers live sustainably
- Purchase only high performance light bulbs and the most energy efficient electrical appliances.
In addition we will also:
- Continue to support environmental charities through our commitment to 1% For The Planet. See http://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/en/
- Encourage customers, suppliers and staff to become more environmentally sustainable through education, training and company ethos.
- Develop and contribute to the Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group, which works to minimise the damaging environmental impacts of outdoor adventure within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- Support the St. David’s Eco City project.
- Support Surfers Against Sewage.