TYF’s mission is to give our customers, clients & audience the learning, skills & resources that inspire them for a lifetime of adventure and a lasting love affair with nature.
TYF Adventure has opportunities for guides, coaches and teachers to join a dynamic team of full time, seasonal and associate staff, delivering high impact adventures and learning activities in Pembrokeshire and at client sites worldwide.
Sustainability, responsibility and innovation are at the core of every course and programme, and we want to hear from experienced outdoors-minded people with a passion for making a difference. Ideal candidates will be experienced and qualified in the outdoors with experience of working with a wide range of groups and needs.
The base level for applicants for adventure teaching staff is two or more of the following: a) Level 2 Kayak & 4 Star Sea, b) Beach Lifeguard, c) SPA, d) ASI Level 1 or equivalent surf coaching qualification/experience, e) coasteering guide.
TYF’s associate and consultants on our more technical science and nature-based programmes will typically have a background in biology, geography, marine sciences and sustainability, with experience of policy or operations in the UK or overseas.
We are keen to hear from individuals with the diverse backgrounds and passion needed to make awesome things happen. If you’re not ready yet, we may have internship and volunteering roles to help you grow your skills, so do get in touch if making a difference is your thing.
Schools & Group Bookings Coordinator
Applications close on Sunday 1st March, 2015
The TYF Group is an innovative social enterprise that’s been pushing the boundaries of learning in the outdoors, schools and the workplace for over 25 years. In that time we’ve shared a little magic with over 200,000 people and helped organisations transform the way they work.
Our School & Group Bookings Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle for schools programmes, including development of new customers, relationship building, programming, logistics and ensuring excellence in programme delivery by our world class guides.
You will work as part of an experienced and committed team, report to the General Manager and work closely alongside our Head of Adventure and Business Development Coordinator.
• Developing leads for new schools & groups, building strong relationships.
• Being the point of contact for all school & group enquiries.
• Building bespoke programmes to suit the needs of the client.
• Organising logistics for all bookings.
• Building strong relationships with teachers and schools.
• Ensuring staffing is in place.
• Invoicing and financials.
• Communicating with the guide team regularly.
• Liaising with local accommodation and activity providers.
• Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
• Responding to customer complaints and comments.
Working: 30 hours per week with the option of flexible hours and holidays to fit around family life.
Location: TYF, 1 High Street, St Davids, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6SA
• Sales experience
• Proven experience organising logistics
• Demonstrable ability to meet targets and budgets
• Exceptional inter-personal skills
• Strong team player
• A deep commitment to sustainability
• Desire to make good change happen faster
• Awesome customer service
• Happy to travel to meet new leads, customers and suppliers
• Experience of working in the education and outdoor/related sectors
• Social Media and IT literacy, including spreadsheets and databases
• Loves to learn through play
Please email email@example.com (Darren Spacie – General Manager) with your cover letter and cv.
TYF Adventure Guides
We are on the look out for inspirational adventure lovers, people who want to make a difference. We are also looking to increase our Freelance database, so if you’ve got the skills to pay the bills, get in touch. We can offer you work from half a day through to a week at a time. Guiding positions are available from March 2015; Associate and consultant roles match our workflow, with contracts potentially available at any time of year.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and cv.
If you wish to join a incredible team of dynamic individuals tasked with making innovative change happen, please send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com
TYF Business Development Team
Are you interested in a fantastic opportunity to experience tyf as an intern or a volunteer? Are you looking for work experience?
If yes, please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.